ASEM-ASEM SEA FOOD
750 ml water or light chicken stock
150 g shrimps/prawns, shelled, and deveined
100 g squids, cuts
2 garlic cloves, minced
5 kaffir lime leaves
3 thin slices fresh galangal
1 slices ginger
¼ teaspoon fish sauce
2 stalks lemon glass/cironella, lower 1/3 portion only, cut into 1-in (2,3 cm) lengths
2 onions, sliced
5 Red chilies, diagonal sliced
5 eye bird chillies
60 ml tamarind juice
1 tablespoon chilli powder
1. Bring the stock to a boil over medium heat.
2. Add the garlic, lime leaves, galangal, fish sauce, ginger, lemon grass, salt, and shallots, then the red chilies, eye bird chilies, and chilli powder.
3. Simmer for 2 minutes.
4. Add the shrimp and squid. Reheat to boiling.
5. Cook until the shrimps are pink, opaque, and firm but no longer than 1 minute.
6. When the shrimps & squids are cooked, place the tamarind juice.
7. Pour the soup into the bowl.
8. Serve hot.